Monday, April 21, 2008


This was my last visit with Brent & Stacy* until placement day... I'm glad they got a chance to come see em one more time. They didn't arrive until around dinnertime on Saturday. We had a plan to go to On the Border because I had a craving for Mexican. Haha. I made sure to take my scrapbook to show them what I have completed so far. We had a wait until we could be seated, so we sat on a bench outside & the two of them looked at my scrapbook. It seemed like they liked it... and I believe they will share it with Jake*, when they feel it's the right time. Once they were done looking at the scrapbook, I knew it was time to tell them about the inducement. So I told them that our son will be born by next week.They were excited & speechless.I think they were kind of taken back... this happened quickly. It seems like just yesterday they were calling me for the first time . Dinner was awesome. My chicken tacos were delicious. :) We had a funny waiter who got Stacy * to believe the dessert menu was a scratch n' sniff menu. It t was pretty funny. Brent * & I got talking about country music. Haha. He did say that Toby Keith's songs "I wanna talk about me" and High maintenance woman" are about Stacy*. That made me laugh. I'm glad that they can both show me their goofy sides.

The last thing we talked about that night was if they wanted to attend a nursery visit with my mom, me & Jake*. Kim looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if my AP's could attend a nursery visit. My logic behind it is this: if I see Brent & Stacy* with Jake- holding him, feeding him, changing him, etc- I'll get a lot of my emotions out so therefore I can attempt to make my placement day more of a celebration... of joining two families. I'm just glad that B&S agreed to attend the nursery visit.

Sunday we went to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was more of a "serious" day today. Over lunch, we hashed out all of my last minute questions. " realized that I never really asked why they chose to adopt. They told me they tried to have kids, but eventually found out they had fertility problems. Next was religion... Jake * won't be baptised but they will have a special offering of him. And last but not least, our son will officially be named Jake Lee*. There were some awkward moments of silence where I think we were all letting it sink in that the next time we will see each other, our son will be there too. It's just a strange thought...

No comments: