Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I packed everything up today. Mom arrived today. She came & picked me up for lunch. I don't think I've ever gotten such a big hug from her as I did when she first saw me. It was great to see her. We talked at lunch as if the past 3 months didn't happen. It was nice to be able to freely talk to my mom for the first time.

We were back at Gladney by 1:30 . I showed my mom the dorm & then we waited for Mary to arrive with Jake*. I knew it was going to be an emotional day.

When I heard the knock at the door & saw Mary walking down the hall with my little man, I knew the tears were going to start. Sure enough I looked at my mom & she was already crying. I let her hold Jake* first. Her & Mary got along great. Mom couldn't get over how handsome Jake* was. Mary left us to our visit & there was a lot of silence. I was just watching mom enjoy her time with her grandson. I think she's cherishing every minute. I barely got to hold Jake*, but it was okay. He had some stomach problems because we had to change his diaper like every 30 mins. Mary said she might ask the Dr. tomorrow about changing the formula. This was the first time I really heard him cry. It broke my heart that he wasn't feeling good & I couldn't help him/ All we could do was hold him & ding to him. After Mary picked him up, my mom & I moved me out of the dorm. I was SO excited. W got onto the hotel & went shopping for a placement outfit for Jake*, gifts for the houseparents, Kim & Mary.

It feels good to be out. :)

No comments: