Wednesday, March 5, 2008


Wow. That was quick. Kim told me that Stacy & Brent will call at 7pm TONIGHT. I'm so excited, yet a little nervous. What if they don't like me? But my mom said she emailed me a list of questions that I may want to ask them. I'm going to call my parents real quick then collect my thoughts.

.........................................................................................................................................................

Haha. At 6:30pm, I was in my dorm room anxiously passing the time with Britt*. I was so nervous, my hands were shaking. I don't know why I am nervous? I don't have to impress them; but I still wanted them to like me. :) Exactly at 7:01pm, my dorm phone rang. I answered it to hear a very quiet yet gentle voice say "hello Samantha" I knew it was obviously Stacy*. I was honest with her form the beginning & let her know that I was nervous. Haha. That's when she admitted that she was nervous too! She then asked if her husband Brent could get on the line too. I said yes, because I wanted to talk to them both. After the initial hellos & awkwardness, the convo started to flow effortlessly & it felt like I've known them all my life. We talked awhile, because Britt* coming in to see if I was done yet. Haha. They asked about me & My life. And then I asked them my list of question. Stacy seemed so quiet. She talked, becuz I heard her southern accent. But she just seems like she's the quiet type. Brent seems very nice too. He seemed to be a joker, but an awesome person. I learned that they grew up near each other . And when they went on their first date in high school, they knew they were soul mates. They got married after college. Brent is a doctor. Not sure what kind? Stacy is an elementary school drama teacher. That's something we have in common. Not the teacher part, but that we both like drama. Haha. Both of their families live nearby, & they are close to both sides. I asked what attribute they had that would make them good parents... and I realy liked the fact that the answered why they think the other one would be a good parent instead of talking about themselves. I liked that they complimented one another. They seem to have a great relationship. Both Stacy & Brent* agreed that they were more than willing to send pictures/letters to their birth mom. They both also said thet they woudl raise thier child know ing about the adoption & that they would share a scrapbook with the child on the birth mom. That made me feel confidenet. I don't want my son finding at he afe of 18 that he is adopted, and have his whole world come crashign down. I want him to know he was adopted &that I exist and that becuz he was adopted doesn't mean I don't love him or that he's "different".

Stacy and Brent* made me feel good about the adoption. I kept wondering when you think you found your AP's if you'll just "know" they are the ones. Well my question got answered tonight. After I hung up with Stacy & Brent*, I just felt at ease. I feltliek a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I believe I foudn my son's parents! :)

I can't wait to tell Kim that I chose them!

I can't wait to call and tell them too!

Gotta go call the parents & tell them how it went!

No comments: