Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hello from Texas! :) I am officially in Fort Worth, Texas, and moved into the maternity dorm at the Gladney Center for Adoption. I said goodbye to Mom & Dad this morning. I cried the whole first flight. It was hard as hell to tell them I was pregnant, but it was even harder to move down here knowing my parents wouldn't be around to help me through this. They may be disappointed in me, but at least I know I have their support. Anyways, back to the dorm. I have a roomie, Britt*. she's twenty-five and from around here. She seems cool. None of the other girls attempted to talk to me. However, I got to attend a 2 hr. dorm meeting where the girls complained that no one does their chores. Ha ha. Not a good first impression. After that, I sorta locked myself in my room. I'm gonna talk to Britt some more & call it an early night. Tomorrow I meet my caseworker, Kim. Hopefully that goes well.

No comments: